20-Point Checklist EVERY Sales Letter Must Pass!
By Grady Smith
Sales letter not pulling like you want? Need a quick "fill in the blanks" formula for marketing your next product? Here are 20 essential components of the hard-selling sales letter:
1) Does your headline speak directly to your potential customer and give them a strong, specific benefit of your product or service?
2) Did you start with the strongest benefit of your product or service, then work your way down to include the least important benefits for your potential customer?
3) Do you explain how your product or service is better or different compared to your competitors?
4) Does your sales letter speak directly to your prospect? In other words, instead of saying, "people that like horses will love this book" you say, "If you love horses you'll love this book."
5) Do you use "you" twice as often as "I" in your sales letter?
6) Is your sales letter easy to read using short sentences and paragraphs?
7) Do you use power words and write with the goal of keeping your reader's interest?
8) Do you show your potential customer their problem; agitate it by telling them how troublesome it is, then offer your product or service as the solution?
9) Is your copy clear, easy to understand, and follows a flow from one paragraph to the next?
10) Are your strong words and phrases highlighted or bolded to draw attention and keep the reader focused?
11) Is your sales letter written in a friendly, active, conversational, "me to you", tone of voice?
12) Have you used specific numbers and facts in your copy to build instant credibility?
13) Have you included credibility creators, like why you're an authority on the subject, testimonials, and case studies?
14) Does your sales letter have a nothing to risk guarantee that shows your confidence in your offer?
15) Do you include a reason why you're making this offer? Are you doing it because you are tired of seeing people scammed on the Internet and want to provide them with solid information they can use for profit immediately? Or are you giving them a dirt-cheap price because you have an overstock on inventory and it's costing you more to store the product in your warehouse?
16) Does your sales letter give details of what the customer needs to do? Call now. Or, simply fill out the form below, enclose your check or money order for $24, and mail to...
17) Do you make it easy for your potential customer to act on your offer?
18) Are you offering bonuses to increase response, or do you create high-perceived value for your product or service?
19) Did you create a sense of urgency in your letter, explaining that the price is for a short time or quantities are limited?
20) Have you answered all questions a prospective customer has about your product?
FREE: $95 Critique of One Sales Letter or Ad -- Get the details you need to increase your response. Just visit Grady's website for a free critique and other free resources to improve your sales copy. Click
| Catalog | Resources
| About Us |
| Make Money
Earnings Statement ||
Copyright © 1998 -2007 Success Strategies International Inc - All
34950 Hwy 58, Eugene, Oregon 97405, USA Phone: 1-541-736-9631 or 1-877-636-9631
Fax:1-541-744-3082 or Fax:1-800-368-4740